Sunday night was baking night tonight, and I have had a cheat day to create these, a take on the American Thanksgiving dinner of Sweet Potato and Marshmallow with a chocolate twist. This sweet surprise is a must try and so easy to make :-
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) Caster sugar
- 275g (10oz) Plain flour
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 200gSmall Marshmallows +2extra handfuls
- 150g White and Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat a fan oven to 170C.
- Steam the sweet potato until easy to mash
- mash the sweet potato and add in a handful of marshmallows whilst hot so they melt. Let this cool.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light in colour and a fluffy texture
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add in the 200g of .marshmallows and the chocolate chips.
- Once sweet Potato mixture has cooled combine into the mixture.
- Using 2 spoons carefully place onto baking paper, add extra marshmallows on top and cook for 15-20mins until golden brown.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins. Once cool serve. Great with a Hot Chocolate!
3 thoughts on “Sweet Surprise”
I love your bog, your posts are amazing! I just followed, it would be great if we can support each other 🙂 I can’t wait to read more ❤
Aww yes I’ll follow back! Thank you so much for the love!
Thank you, you are so sweet!